If you need to search....

Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Tale of Two Toddlers:Survival Methods

 A Tale of Two Toddlers: Survival Methods
Two toddlers makes it twice as nice 
Has anyone ever, EVER said that parenting and pet parenting is boring? They were inexperienced or their pet was two paws in the grave when they got it. I wake up late during the daytime which makes acquaintances jealous but... I am up til 2 am getting my "two toddlers to bed" (Juno cat and my sweet boy). In my world, at the end of a baby filled street which buzzards circle frequently (due to the garbage cans full of various types of litter)-everyone has one to three dogs, one to three cats or one to three kids (human and/or furry mammal combinations).We learn how to survive. One couple told me "We drink coffee now, we never used to." My reply, "Yeah, same here...It's called kids." Nodding immediately commenced like three bobble heads; we stood there trying to remember life before babies.It is peculiar...you can but only in short spurts and it's hazy memories of pre-baby..well, any-who....

There are survival methods ,  not guides....
Tastes like junk.. but nay it ain't so!
99 bottles of 'bucks on the wall, 99 bottles....

Sleepless nights..well the double tailed mermaid is here to save your life, thank you Starbucks! There are ways to get veggies in your toddlers without them knowing it-special thanks to Green Giant, Gerber blends in a pouch and Chef Boyardee!
This has taken the place of love notes-poor hubby.It is left on my laundry basket every once and a while.


There are ways to keep your sanity when your day looks like: breakfast time, poop scoop time, poopy change time, peeing on the carpet time, dumping remnants of the above listed time, bath time, snack time, dinner time and the other exciting times in between. Our neighborhood methods are: coffee, Wilmington Women's Wine Club once monthly, blogging, exercising, going to public work (where you find yourself singing "Fruit salad, yummy,yummy!" and then yelling "Oh man!I forgot to put 'em in the dryer again!" as your co-workers no longer bat an eye at your strange behavior) and not least of all the gracious kind, relieving us for a few hours of peace, GRANDPARENTS.Whoever named them  'grand' must've had a toddler or two tearing down the homestead.
This is called morning glory....the real morning glory is that lovely brown brew-coffee.
So, what are your survival methods?Do you like Starbucks?How often do you dry your laundry??
Do you occasionally lock your cat in the bedroom or bathroom? Welcome to my world, right?



1 comment:

  1. I feel that I should snicker at this, And also point out that I just KNEW that baby girl was going to be beautiful and fluffy (also a handful) Oddly enough she would have rather gotten her self stuck under and ice chest then be saved (Who would have thought?). I prefer Caramel Frappes which are getting to be an expensive habit again, and I may end up switching to said Starbucks (Will it help me see the stars?) I was our laundry more then it gets dried too!!!!! Sister of the same cloth!

    ReplyDelete